Turquoise jewelry, whose birth dates back centuries ago, was initially worn by Native Americans for more than 5000 years. Some of the world’s finest and premium quality turquoise today is produced in the areas of New Mexico and Arizona. The birthstone can now be easily found embedded in neck pieces, rings, pendants, bracelets and also in artificial jewelry. The use of turquoise in making fine pieces of jewelry has been for more than five centuries and till date also people love wearing this gemstone.
An added advantage of the gemstone is that it can be paired up with any metal with ease and sold.
Proper care of the stone is essential
The gemstone is soft, even softer than rubies, so it’s important to take care of the stone. Being soft naturally, the gem stone is more prone to scratching or being robbed. It is not advisable to wash the jewelry made up of turquoise with soap. Avoiding contact with grease is also necessary. The pieces of jewelry made of the gemstone should not be cleaned with machines. Hand cleaning is a much preferred option.
Being a porous stone, it can easily suffer from change of color. Exposure to direct sunlight, cosmetics, perfumes and oils and chemicals can affect the gem stone.
Benefits of wearing turquoise
Turquoise has been considered as a useful and beneficial gemstone over the centuries. It is also recommended by astrologers and numerologist to people and many have benefitted by wearing the stone.
- Turquoise is believed to dismiss all forms of negative energy and is useful for people suffering from depression.
- It helps in proper absorption and improves the immunity of the body. It also heals the body by stimulating tissue regeneration in humans.
- The stone is known to open up all chakras and stabilizes mood swings in people.
- It is referred to people of pieces, Scorpio, Aquarius and Sagittarius zodiac signs.
Artificial turquoise jewelry
Artificial jewelry which has the turquoise gemstone has the stone embedded in artificial and low quality metal which is cheap and economical. These can easily be purchased by people who have a constraint regarding budget.
Varied pieces of turquoise jewelry to select from
Turquoise is nowadays used in pieces of rings, pendants, necklaces etc.
- Turquoise based pendants are available in small to large sizes and price range starts from 1000 rupees and goes up to 30000 rupees.
- Beautifully carved rings having turquoise gemstone can be purchased with any form of metal i.e. gold, silver etc.
- Nowadays turquoise bracelets are also available for sale in the market and have become a common choice among teenage girls as their look is quite trendy.
- Necklace made up of turquoise is surely an expensive affair. These start at a price of not less than 10,000 rupees.
With the rising demand for turquoise jewelry among people and its declining reserves on the earth, the prices of turquoise are set to rise in the years to come, which would make it difficult for the stone lovers to purchase it.